Listen Live on  
 

Newsradio 1140 WRVA

Richmond's News, Weather & Traffic Station
 
 

Smoking in Bed Starts Fire

 
Smoking in Bed Starts Fire
Posted July 31st, 2014 @ 8:02am by 700WLW News

(Hamilton, OH) -- Two people were hospitalized after a fire in a high rise, overnight.


The Hamilton Fire Department says a man on the second floor of the Dayton Lane Gardens was smoking in bed, when his mattress caught fire.  Neighbors Josh Santos and Gene Affrunti pulled the unconscious man from his room, into the hallway, where paramedics carried him outside, before taking him to Fort Hamilton Hospital.  Santos later complained of smoke inhalation, and was also taken to the hospital.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze quickly, and other people in the building were able to return to their rooms.

Damage to the building was listed as "minimal".

Recommended Stories

More from Newsradio 1140 WRVA

*